These muffins are perfect for weaning (once baby is 6 months), or as a snack or lunch on the go for all the family. They freeze really well, but are best reheated in the oven once fully defrosted.
1 medium courgette, grated
1 medium carrot, grated
1/4 cup Frozen Peas
1/4 cup Frozen Corn
60g Cheddar Cheese, grated
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 cup plain Greek yoghurt
1/4 cup olive oil or rapeseed oil
125g plain wholemeal Flour
125g plain white flour
3 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 350F
2. Place the grated courgette and carrot onto a clean tea towel and wrap it around the vegetables. Squeeze all the juice out (the juice could be kept and added to your dinner e.g. into a Bolognese sauce).
3. Place the courgette and carrots into a large mixing bowl along with the peas and sweetcorn. Add the cheese, milk, yogurt, olive oil and egg and stir until combined.
4. Mix the flour and baking powder together and then slowly add to the wet ingredients. Fold in gently, until just combined. Don’t over stir – it will look very lumpy.
5. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with silicon cupcake cases or grease well with oil or butter. Spoon the mixture, equally, between the 12 muffin sections. Bake for 20-25 mins. Use a skewer to test your muffins a couple minutes before the end of the bake time. Your skewer will come out clean if they are ready.
6. Allow to cool completely before popping out of the cases (if using) and freezing in a zip-lock bag.
I really recommend the silicone cases! If you plan to cook egg muffins or cupcakes they will come in handy again and really save on the washing up if your tin isn’t greased enough!