Low in added sugar breakfast muffins
Breakfast Muffins Makes 12
· 100g dried apricots, roughly chopped
· 4 tbsp orange juice
· 2 large eggs
· 142ml sour cream
· 100ml vegetable oil
· 50g caster sugar
· 300g self-raising flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 50g oats
1. Preheat oven to 190C/Fan 170C/ Gas 5
2. Soak the apricots in the orange juice for 20 mins
3. Beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl, then mix in the sour cream, oil and sugar.
4. Stir in the apricot mixture.
5. Put the flour, baking powder and oats in a large bowl, then gently stir in the apricot mixture.
6. Combine thoroughly, but don’t over mix or the muffins will be tough.
7. Spoon the mixture into 12 muffin cases in the muffin tray
8. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and golden. Check cooked through using a metal skewer or a sharp knife (if comes out clean they are cooked).