Bircher muesli Serves 4-6
· 2 cups/150g rolled or quick oats
· 1¾ cups/420ml milk (cow’s milk or plant milk)
· ¼ cup/60ml apple juice
· 3 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 apple, cored and grated with the peel
· 1-2 tablespoons honey (optional!)
· 1½ cups/375g plain yoghurt
· A dash of cinnamon (optional)
· Toppings: your favourite fresh and/or dried fruit, nuts, toasted coconut.
1. Combine oats, milk, apple juice and lemon juice and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
2. In the morning add the grated apple, honey (to taste), yoghurt, and cinnamon, if desired, and mix well.
3. Top with your favourite fruits and nuts.
If you are short on time in the mornings, you can add the grated apple the night before to save a few minutes or grate it and drizzle it with lemon juice, then store it in a tupperware in the fridge overnight.